Advanced laser techniques are available today to correct a wide range of vision problems. Dr. Nemi, at the boutique Lotus Vision eye clinic in Alpharetta, Georgia performs state-of-the-art refractive surgical techniques to correct a range of vision problems, including nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism (irregularity in the curvature of the cornea causing blurred images), and presbyopia (age-related farsightedness caused by loss of elasticity in the lens). With the years of education and experience Dr. Nemi has, he performs some of the best laser vision correction Atlanta has to offer.
Vision Problems and Advanced Laser Technology
Dr. Nemi utilizes advanced laser technology for all types of refractive errors of the eye.
To correct nearsightedness, Dr. Nemi uses refractive surgery techniques to reduce the curvature of a too-steep cornea, lessening the focusing power of the eye. After surgery, this causes images that are focused in front of the retina because of a steep corneal curve or a long eye to be pushed closer to or directly onto the retina.
On farsighted people, he performs refractive surgery to create a steeper cornea, which increases the eye’s focusing power. After the procedure, images focused beyond the retina, because the cornea is flat, or the eye is short, are pulled closer to or directly onto the retina.
This condition causes distorted images because of a deviation from the spherical curvature of the eye or the lens. Dr. Nemi uses advanced laser correction to selectively reshape portions of an irregular cornea, making it symmetrical and smooth. This results in images focused clearly on the retina.
Custom Laser Vision Correction for Every Patient
For flexible performance in custom-tailored vision correction, Dr. Nemi uses the WaveLight Allegretto Wave Eye-Q Laser. With a series of technical innovations, this laser can be used to optimize our laser vision correction in Atlanta with excellent clinical results. The WaveLight has a number of advanced features that make precise treatment possible, including:
- 400-Hz Eye tracker: Actively tracks eye movement and verifies location before pulses are released.
- Integrated cross-line projector: Provides exact alignment of head and eye position.
- Gaustian beam profile: Provides smooth, precise ablation of corneal tissues.
- PerfectPulse Technology: Helps ensure precision and safety at high speeds.
- Cross-line projector: Provides for precise centering.
- Fine laser beam: Tracks pupils while automatic centering mode ensures perfectly centered ablation.
- Considers the curvature and addresses spherical distortions of each eye.
- Integrated, closed-loop energy control: Enhances precision and safety by allowing stable energy flow throughout treatment.
- Thermal shot distribution: Helps minimize the potential for heat buildup during the procedure.
Board-Certified Eye Surgeon in Alpharetta
Dr. Nemi at Lotus Vision in Alpharetta, Georgia is a board-certified, fellowship-trained eye surgeon with a practice focused on laser vision correction, cataract removal, and other state-of-the-art surgical procedures. He also provides comprehensive eye care in a boutique eye clinic setting in which patients receive personalized treatment and the highest quality of care. Dr. Nemi is not only one of Georgia’s most acclaimed ophthalmologists – he is warm and compassionate, working closely with each patient in ensuring they understand all about a procedure or treatment, and feel comfortable and secure with a decision on treatment.
If problems with vision are limiting your activities or affecting your quality of life, schedule a consultation with Dr. Nemi. Using the most advanced laser technology, he can tailor a treatment plan to improve your vision and enjoyment of all that life has to offer.